Rosanne Zinniger, a.k.a. Ro or Ro Z (Rosie), is a Professional Cake Artist / Baking Instructor, and owns Ro Z's Sweet Art Studio, a mobile school of confectionery arts and baking. Ro travels locally and nationally instructing and demonstrating cake art, baking, and promoting her recipe book, "Gourmet Cupcakes From Scratch - Simple & Easy."
Ro has been on the Food Network (Family Style Show in 2010); T.L.C. Fabulous Cakes Show (Makin Waves Episode in 2011); demonstrated on the Celebrity Chefs Tour throughout 2010; and demonstrated/emceed at the San Diego Gourmet Experience Expo (2010 and 2011); in addition to countless other demonstrations throughout the nation. In addition to demonstrating on television and at events, Ro also contributes her time to many local and national charities including the Icing Smiles Organization.
The sugar journey began early on.... Ro grew up in an Italian household and, at an early age, was exposed to baking by her Italian speaking grandmother and decorating by her need to make her Mom's creations pretty. Coupled with a love for baking, Ro experimented with recipes and sugar options, especially during her athletic years, which has led to her growing creation of her own recipes. Ro graduated from SDSU with a Bachelor's Degree, has graduate studies under her belt; and, worked in the corporate world up until she had a life changing event which led her back to her love of baking and decorating. As Ro created, she wanted to share her edible pieces and share her experiences, so she began "Cakes by Rosanne" in the late 90's, and started teaching the basics of piping throughout the community. Yearning for additional knowledge, Ro attended Confectionery Arts School and studied with cake decorating greats and top pastry chefs from 2004 - 2006.
Ro's passion for sharing led her to begin her own school of baking & confectionery arts and retail supply shop in North San Diego County in August 2008, and partnered with Palomar College Workforce and Community Development Program for career training. Ro brought in celebrity artists from across the nation, and encouraged her students to build their own careers. With the downturn in economy, Palomar College ended their program completely, thus resulting in the decision to close the retail studio in May of 2013. This has enabled Ro to share her talents by teaching abroad (locally, nationally & internationally). Presently, she teaches in retail venues; privately; and, teaches all aspects of cake decorating, baking, and just recently has added healthy cooking. Ro's philosophy is to show the skill, and ensure the student understands the mechanics of the skill so they are successful in execution. Her non-intimidating approach has led to hundreds of student success stories. She truly inspires others to follow their dreams of creating!
You can follow her on her website (and blog – Sugar Blogged) at www.rozsweetartstudio.com and "like" Ro Zinniger / Ro Z's Sweet Art Studio Page. And, you now can purchase her new book, "Gourmet Cupcakes: From Scratch – Simple & Easy" from Amazon.com!
APPEARANCES / DEMONSTRATIONS / PRESS:
Satin Fine Foods / Satin Ice Fondant & Gum Paste Manufacturer: Demonstrator / Ambassador 2011 to present
Art Splash Festivals - Charity: 2009 through 2013, contributions included cake shows and demonstration booth (local charity providing funds for art in local schools - North San Diego County)
"Gourmet Cupcakes: From Scratch - Simple & Easy" recipe book, published December 2012, and available on Amazon.com
I.B.I.E. - Guest Instructor, and demonstrator for Satin Fine Foods (along with Pfeil & Holing Company) October 2013
San Diego Channel 6 / Guest spot to promote fondant cakes - August 2013
• August 16, 2010: Appeared on the KOCTV – Oceanside Spectrum show to promote the Carlsbad Artsplash Event
• June & July 2010, 2011, 2012: San Diego Fair – Demonstrations included fondant cakes, cupcakes and
• May 17 & 18, 2010 and November 14, 2010: Celebrity Chef Tour - Disney Food & Wine Festival – demo gourmet cupcakes using my recipe and edible décor using Fondarific fondant / Anthology demonstration Gourmet Cupcake Pies
• May 8, 2010: Hosted the Second Annual Spring Ro Z's Sweet Art Studio Cake Show
• December 1, 2009: Gingerbread Competition for Epilepsy Foundation Charity Event – submitted the "Emily Windsnap Series" Gingerbread structure, was interviewed by KPBS Television, structure was auctioned off, purchased, and displayed at a local San Diego hotel.
• December 10, 2009: Holiday Cake Show / Competition hosted by Ro Z's Sweet Art Studio
• June 10, 2009: Pala Indian Reservation – TANF Job Training Seminar – Cake Decorating Presentation and Demonstration
• Summer 2008: Pala Indian Reservation – Job Training – Cake Decorating Series
Confectionery Arts and Baking Training:
• Wilton School of Confectionery Arts, Chicago, IL: 2004, 2006
• Sugar Art Courses & Workshops (Chocolate; gum paste, fondant; sugar pulling/blowing; airbrush; carving; building; and piping): Mark Seaman, Colette Peters, Debbie Brown, Ruth Rickey, Norm Davis, Zane Beg, Chef James Rosselle, Laurie Bradach, Kathy Scott, Marina Sousa.
• Pastry/Baking Classes (Cake; bread; chocolate; and desserts): Chef Ciril Hitz, Chef Mitch Stamm, Chef Stephane Glacier, Chef David Wesmael, Chef Shirley Corriher, Chef Donald Wressell, Chef Biagio Settepani: 2009